The students of this school are fortunate in that where possible, they are picked up from and taken home each school day. Bus pick-up and drop off points will be determined by the school office and the bus driver.
$1.00 per day per child
In 2008 a bus levy was introduced to help with the rising costs of fuel, tolls and vehicle maintenance. We have kept these costs to a minimum price. Regular payments are made to the bus driver on a daily, weekly or fortnightly basis.
Morning Bus Runs &
The first bus run starts at approximately 6:15am and usually arrives at school around 8.00am. A supervising teacher is rostered on to breakfast duty who will be at school by the time of the first bus arrivals. The tuckshop coordinator is responsible for preparing the breakfast and may ask for assistance from the children.
Afternoon Bus Runs
The first buses leave at 2:30pm to enable the driver to get back to their second bus runs and have the children home at a reasonable hour. Two teachers are rostered on bus duty, one to help children get onto the buses and one to supervise the other children.
* Ipswich corridor - Ipswich, Riverview, Goodna, Ellen Grove, Forest Lake and Richlands, Durack and Inala.
* Logan corridor - Loganlea, Marsden, Crestmead, Logan Central, Slacks Creek, Kingston. Kuraby and Runcorn.
* Bayside corridor - Wynnum, Manly West, Cannon Hill, Mt Gravatt, Mansfield and Upper Mt Gravatt.
* City corridor - Annerley, Moorooka, Yeronga, Coorparoo and West End.
* We also service the local Acacia Ridge area.
Code of Conduct for the School Buses
A Code of Conduct for school Bus travel was implemented in 2008 to ensure that all students have the right to a safe and enjoyable journey between home and school. It also sets out roles, rights and responsibilities of students, parents/careproviders, bus drivers and the school in contributing to safe and enjoyable travel.
Please refer to the School Bus Travel for further information.